Maxine Brown

The pioneering Country Music star with "The Browns" – Jim Ed, Maxine and Bonnie

The Browns with Elvis

Browns with Elvis e1273841986397 The Browns with Elvis
Elvis Presley fans have discovered Maxine Brown. A favorite speaker at several Elvis conferences, she electrifies the audience with early personal stories of his career, and its intersection with The Browns.

Related Posts

» Sugar Cane County, by Maxine Brown
» A Country Music Odyssey - new CD

About Tom

Comments

15 Responses to “The Browns with Elvis”
  1. Meg ( From England) says:

Hi Maxine,

Can you tell us more about this photo of you and Elvis and the other Elvis photo too?
    LOVE the harmonies but why did you disband in ’57?
    Many thanks
    Meg

2. Maxine Brown says:

Hi Meg, I thought I had answered this, perhaps not, or maybe I failed to submit..The Photo of Browns and Elvis was taken at the Trio Restaurant and Supper Club when he was making his last appearance on the Hayride. He had stopped by for a meal and a visit, as we were very close friends. We never did disband, Jim Ed got drafed in the army, so that put a damper on things. Then Elvis was drafted. Thanks for your compliment on Browns Harmony. Maxine

3. Vikki Rochester says:

I love The Browns! I can’t wait to read your book. God Bless.

4. Maxine Brown says:

Hey Vickki, I hope by now you have had a chance to read my book, would love to know your opinion. This is a nice note, thanks for sending it, sorry to be so late answering. I have been busy mailing out orders for this Hardcover book, which I am almost out of, there will be no more. My Publisher is only printing the paper back copies now. Thanks once again, Maxine

5. MAXINE BROWN PLASKAN says:

Hi Maxine,

This picture of you all with Elvis , is the ultimate photograph as far as I am concerned!! I just cant get stop looking at it !!!

6. NGUYEN KY MINH says:

I love that picture you with ELVIS. I left my country (Viet-Nam) in 1962 to France, I have brought with me a lot of ELVIS records and one single “The Old Lamplighter” (It’s still in my collection). Of course, I’ve bought the Browns’ CD since.

7. AnokaTony says:

I fave just finished “Nashville Chrome”. What a tremendous story of a wonderful family! I discovered The Browns music about five years ago and own the greatest hits.

8. Rebecca says:

I ordered your book midway through reading Nashville Chrome on Kindle. Your life is an incredible story! Thanks for sharing!!

9. Enjoyed reading Nashville Chrome, would like to get The Brown’s CD, are they available?

10. Stan from Iowa(Winter Texan) says:

I think you three harmonize better than any I have heard. I just put the CD on, close my eyes and drift away.
    Thanks for the music.

11. Jim Wolfe says:

Hey, Maxine I am a trucker from Camden, Arkansas and I have been listening to the Midnight Cowboy since he became involved with XM radio. I bought my radio in 2001 and have been listening ever since. I really enjoy your phone conversations with Bill & Cindi and also your music. I didn’t realize til recently that you guys, the Browns were from Pine Bluff. I always enjoyed Jim’s show when he was on TV with, what’s her name, Helen Cornelius. I may have misspelled her last name. Any way keep calling Bill & I will keep listening.

12. Jack Scaife says:

Wondered if you ever had any dealings with Cecil Scaife, Sun Records. I know in Elvis’s early years he was his production manager or something like that. Cecil’s son Joe is still in the business. Cousins. Enjoyed Marshfield.

13. Meade says:

I love the music. Amazing harmonies !

14. Brian Lane says:

Maxine, was there ever an oportunity to record, or even sing with Elvis?

15. Wataru says:

Don’t forget that you have an international fan in Japan. I couldn’t believe your beautiful harmony when I heard first. I didn’t know you met Elvis until now. God bless you.